Home Buying Tips
Home Buying Basics
A quick list of things you need to know before purchasing home
- Set up a free mortgage consultation with us to assess your borrowing needs and estimated closing costs.
- Obtain a pre-approval letter from us to let sellers know you have money backing the offer.
- Be prepared for at least a 3% down payment on your home (percentages vary for different loan products).
- Do not make any large purchases on your credit card or take out new loans. It could effect your debt-to-income ratio and disqualify you from buying a home.
A quick list of things you need to know before refinancing your home
- Refinancing can help save you money and lower your monthly payment if you refinance to a lower interest rate.
- Look up your home price online. If your home price increased, you own more of your home which means you could get rid of mortgage insurance.
- Ask us about closing costs. When you refinance a portion of your closing costs can be wrapped into your loan to keep out of pocket costs low.
- Make sure you are current on your mortgage payments. If you are in forbearance or behind on your payments, you may not qualify.
Want a real estate report card for the neighborhood you are looking at or currently living in? How about a buy vs rent calculator? Check it out over there ->
Home Buying Blog
Like what you are reading? Fill out a quick form and pick the best time for us to call you!